Should I be concerned about my privacy?
The privacy of our users is important to us. Steps we have taken to address this include:
- All users will receive both an in-app and email notification any time their photos are accessed. We understand users want to know when and how their information is being used.
- There is no upload function when searching for information on registered users. Users can only search for someone's information by taking their photo. This means you cannot simply upload an image to search for their emergency information. It is easiest to search for the emergency information of someone that is already in front of you.
- Facial recognition technology is most effective with a high quality, full frontal image of the face. This makes it more challenging for someone to take a recognizable image of you secretly from the side or from far away.
- You have 100% control of the information you choose to share with the public. If you have concerns, we recommend leaving a simple emergency contact mobile number connected to each photo. (In particular for children, we recommend you do not include the child's name nor the names of their parents/guardians.)
If you have other ideas on how to improve the privacy of our users, please contact us via the online form or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you.
What information should I connect to each photo?
As a minimum, we suggest connecting an emergency contact mobile number to each photo. You may also consider including adding information that may be available on medic alert bracelents such as:
- Medical conditions that may be helpful to first responders (diabetes, asthma, heart disease, epilepsy)
- Allergies to food and drink, medicine, animals, chemicals or environmental elements
- Implants or devices such as pacemaker, cochlear implant, stent
- Medical requirements such as anticoagulants, insulin, steriod therapy
- Identification needs such as dementia or autism, and also elderly loved ones or children
- Any advanced care directive or management plans
In particular for children, we recommend you do not include the child's name nor the names of their parents or guardians.
How many photos should I register per person?
To ensure a higher degree of accuracy, we suggest registering two photos per person - one with eyes open and one with eyes closed, preferably unsmiling.
How much does it cost to use this app?
CheckOnMe is a free mobilie app.
If you believe in the work we are doing and would like to support us financially, please contact us at email@example.com. Thanks in advance!
How can I update or delete photos and information I've already added?
Log-in to CheckOnMe mobile app and click the three lines at the top right to open the settings menu. Click on "My Photos" to view all your registered photos. Click on each photo to edit the content or to delete it.
It's important to us that you feel comfortable with the information you are sharing. If you have any further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact Us form and we'll do our best to help you.
I have an idea to make this app even better.
We are a start-up and all ideas are welcome! We would genuinely love to hear from you. Please contact us at email@example.com or use the Contact Us form.
I love this app. How do I show my support?
If you would like to support us, either financially or in other ways, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support.